[oi-dev] Fwd: Re: [desktop-discuss] Poor text antialiasing behaviour in Firefox

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Sun Dec 19 18:57:12 UTC 2010

On 12/19/10 10:44 AM, Sevan / Venture37 wrote:
> On 19 December 2010 16:42, Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersmith at oracle.com> wrote:
>> BTW, OI may want to look into providing the Microsoft Web Fonts somehow, but
>> you'd have to be careful putting them into your main pkg repo directly as the
>> license terms do not allow redistributing for profit.   I remember some Linux
>> distros coming up with a variety of solutions for packaging them without
>> preventing others from embedding their distros in for-profit products or
>> selling CD's of them, etc.
>>
>> The download site I know of for them is:
>>        http://www.freedesktop.org/software/fontconfig/webfonts/
>> since Microsoft's original download site was taken down years ago, but the
>> license allowed others to redistribute in perpetuity.
>>
>>        -alan-
>
> Hiya,
> You don't need the microsoft fonts, there's the liberty fonts
> https://fedorahosted.org/liberation-fonts/

You already have those in OpenIndiana, but that's just a couple fonts
(basically replacements for Times, Helvetica, Courier), not the wider
range in the Web Fonts (Arial, Georgia, Verdana, Trebuchet, Comic Sans,
Andale Mono, Impact, WebDings)

http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev/en/search.shtml?token=liberation&action=Search

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com