[oi-dev] oi_148 is pending

Albert Lee trisk at opensolaris.org
Sat Nov 20 05:49:15 UTC 2010

Hi folks,

I've spent a large part of the past two days reworking and documenting
our release packaging environment and fixing issues with our metadata
and external packages that are being imported into this release, and I
feel we have a sustainable environment for release management now.
I've gotten a tentatively complete set of oi_148 packages created
with an entire redistributable cluster this time and imported the
SVR4-based consolidations we don't yet have replacements for, instead
of including opensolaris.org packages in our incorporations. If this
went as planned, our users should no longer need an opensolaris.org
publisher configured.

I've built a full redistributable cluster (as well as a slim_install
metapackage) instead of the weird mini cluster we had for 147. The
packages are sitting in /net/infra01/releng/oi/oi_148/repo which still
needs to be imported into a clone of the 147 repository. Hopefully we
can get some testing done over the weekend.

Some additional things I want to do before the release:
- Make sure I haven't made any typos in the metadata, like last time :)
- Create a text_install cluster for the Text Installer (its current
use of an explicit package list is quite embarrassing).
- Get QA done against the bugs we have on file
- Build and test both live media and AI images
- Start looking at the logistics for the illumos repository. One
option is to ship an older build of illumos we have around, but we
need to integrate the supporting changes for snmpdx and Perl 5.8.4
removal as soon as possible.

-Albert