[oi-dev] Documentation Systems

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Sat Aug 6 10:50:04 UTC 2011

Hello Tobias!

> I summarized information about reStructuredText, DocBook and DITA.

This is very interesting information, thank you.

One thing that should also be investigated for each format is licensing,
both things like definitions, DTDs, etc., and the licenses of the tools.

In our company, we are using docbook + dblatex + pdflatex with very
good results.  The dblatex is actively and very well maintained by
its original author.

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim                     Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J. H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt