[oi-dev] 1341 Upgrade cmake to the latest version - bitbucket changeset: Commit dcc62cd7b504 - Please review

Gordon Ross gordon.w.ross at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 20:21:13 UTC 2011

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 5:54 AM, Bart Coddens <bart.coddens at gmail.com> wrote:
> Removed my copyright until the guidelines are clear.
> Added the patches back and reset the legacy line to the original number.
> It builds and works fine here.
>
> Can this be reviewed: changeset:
>
> 3ad6d87fe246
>
> Best Regards,
> Bart Coddens

So, this basically looks OK to me, however:

The "one big path" file is an annoyance.  It makes it hard to see
how much of that is just removing /usr/local from search paths,
and what is other porting stuff needed for OpenIndiana.
I would have preferred one patch file for the /usr/local removal,
and separate ones for other types of changes.  (but please
note, I'm not advocating one patch per touched file)

And that brings up another question: Do we want to remove
/usr/local from the search paths as was done for Solaris?
I wonder why this was done?  Anyone know?
Do we want to continue this change?

Gordon