[oi-dev] Heads Up: CDN turned off, mod_bw enabled

Alasdair Lumsden alasdairrr at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 17:39:29 UTC 2011

Hi All,

Due to the high cost of hosting OpenIndiana's dlc.openindiana.org on the
CDN, I have decided to instead discontinue this in favour of getting
worldwide mirrors online.

As of now, dlc.openindiana.org points at the origin server in the UK
instead of the CDN. I have enabled mod_bw in Apache and restricted
downloads of the .iso/.usb files to 250KB/sec.

We will be contacting worldwide mirrors asking them to mirror
dlc.openindiana.org via rsync (which is not rate limited) and once we
have a reasonable number we can update the website to list these. And
obviously we still have the torrents too.

Thanks,

Alasdair