[oi-dev] illumos based OpenIndiana DVD

Alasdair Lumsden alasdairrr at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 19:51:55 UTC 2011

On 21 Feb 2011, at 19:48, Guido Berhoerster wrote:

> Great stuff. What are we going to do about perl-584, are you
> going to use packages from an older build?
> Also how do we want to handle this in general, just ship perl-584
> from an older ONNV for maintaining backwards compatibility and
> switch all consolidations to perl-510?  I have a JDS build
> against perl-510 ready but AFAIK XNV and SFW are still being
> worked on.

I think we'll need to do 1 final perl-584 package at a higher build number, which no longer delivers the /usr/bin/perl symlink (plus potentially others if there are any), so that the perl 510 package can provide that instead.

That way when people upgrade, /usr/bin/perl gets removed then re-added.

Does that sound feasible?