[oi-dev] illumos based OpenIndiana DVD

Andrzej Szeszo aszeszo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 10:03:29 UTC 2011

Hi Hernan

First I built illumos-gate, slim_source, g11n and solaris_re with
OpenIndiana patches, bumping version numbers to 148.0.1. Then manually
created updated entire package - bumped version numbers of incorporated
consolidations built earlier to 148.0.1 by hand. Merged the resulting
packages with official OpenIndiana repository. The repository located
here is the end result:

http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev-il/

Then, I have installed pkg:/install/distribution-constructor, made a
copy of /usr/share/distro_const/slim_cd/slim_cd_x86.xml, changed the
repository url from http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev to
http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev-il and ran:

distro_const build slim_cd_x86.xml

The end result:

$ ls /rpool/dc/media
OpenIndiana_Live_X86.iso  OpenIndiana_Live_X86.usb

Andrzej