[oi-dev] 415 libreadline.so.5: symbol tgetent ... not found

Gordon Ross gordon.w.ross at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 01:16:57 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 4:00 PM, Julian Wiesener <jw at vtoc.de> wrote:
> Hi,
[...]
> looks good to me and really superior to the oracle approach. Thanks.
>

> Regards,
> Julian

Thanks.  So... the proposed filter library (and new header file) has
some interesting test implications.  It does not change libcurses,
so that's no concern, but it might change how some autoconf -
based third-party software might build.  Ideally, we'd check that
any curses/ncurses/xcurses using software still configures and
builds the way we expect.  Any suggestions how to do that?

The "brave" approach would be to go ahead and implement the
proposed libtermcap filter in illumos, get that into an OI build, and
then configure/build packages from userland, etc to see what
impact it has, if any.  I've tried a few things, and all were fine.

Suggestions and/or help appreciated.

BTW, the libtermcap filter lib is now Feature request 1168
https://www.illumos.org/issues/1168

Thanks,
Gordon