[oi-dev] Illumos/OI Bug 1161 (nvidia crash)

Hernán Saltiel hsaltiel at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 03:42:05 UTC 2011

Hi!
Finally I freezed my machine again (it does this randomly, so it took me
more time than expected).
My answers in between your lines.

On 06/29/2011 08:42 AM, Julian Wiesener wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2011-06-29 at 00:15 -0300, Hernan Saltiel wrote:
>> Nope...it hung again some minutes ago, having no visual effects
>> enabled.
>> Something makes it freeze the entire system.
> what does "freeze the entire system" mean?

After trying some tricks, I realised that is not the entire system what
is freezing, only the GUI.
> If you move the mouse, is the cursor still moving?
No.
> Can you switch to a console?
No.
> Can you remote login using ssh?
Yes! It worked!
> If so, what happends if you restart gdm?
It restarts, I can log in, and start my apps again.

> Regards,
> Julian

Thanks, and best regards,
HeCSa.