[oi-dev] OS/Net build skeleton, handy for illumos and OpenIndiana developers

Gordon Ross gordon.w.ross at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 17:17:12 UTC 2011

Sometimes I prefer to develop new code outside of an "OS/Net"-style gate
(like the illumos gate) because (a) it eliminates the merge work otherwise
needed to keep up with the upstream, and (b) builds are very much faster
because you're only building your own stuff, not all of ON.

For this purpose, I've created a "skeleton" of an OS/Net gate:
  https://bitbucket.org/gwr/os-net-skeleton

You can use it to build drivers, libraries, and commands.
It does not currently do anything about packaging.  For now,
I just use a script to copy binaries onto my target.  Adding
support to build a package would be a nice improvement.

See usr/src/Readme.txt (in the above) for more details....

Gordon