[oi-dev] [review] 415 libreadline.so.5: symbol tgetent ... not found

Julian Wiesener jw at vtoc.de
Wed Jun 29 18:16:20 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Wed, 2011-06-29 at 10:16 -0400, Gordon Ross wrote:
> What makes you so sure it's incorrect to link readline
> with the termcap/curses library?  Other platforms do.

https://www.illumos.org/issues/415#note-2

Also other consumer of readline do set -lcurses (including /usr/bin/net
  from the samba package). Also excamples are sqllite, gpg2 or psql. I
 didn't find a binary linket against ncuses, but i assume, that they'll
      come and i dont want to patch these later again and again.

> Have you tried linking this readline with an application
> that uses ncurses or xcurses?  Did it not work?

No i didn't.

Regards,
Julian