[oi-dev] Plans to lower minimum memory requirements?

Garrett D'Amore garrett at nexenta.com
Thu Mar 17 21:07:21 UTC 2011

One of the things that occurs in the kernel is that a substantial amount
of code is far more complex than it needs to be, and a lot of drivers
allocate far larger buffering areas than they need to (or should!)
Google on bufferbloat for a description of some of these problems,
although the problems extend far beyond just networking.

	- Garrett