[oi-dev] GSOC2011

Nikola M. minikola at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 13:53:49 UTC 2011

On 03/21/11 12:54 PM, Andrey Sokolov wrote:
> Hi Deano,
>
> I would like to write a program that will convert linux binaries to
> opensolaris binaries. The program will change dynamic relocation
> records. I did a little experiment:
> http://forum.os-solaris.ru/index.php?topic=223.0 I have converted a
> simple linux binary to opensolaris binary using hex editor.
>
>     I'd like to participate in "Linux binary support without zones"
>     project. Is it possible?

It seems to me like an Illumos.org project.
There are Linux branded zones and that project is stalled it might be
interesting to renew it.

If it is a proposed project as a new program/application or system service
then it might be good making a project page on openindiana.org and start
from there.

Does your idea could work on x86 only or it can be done for Linux
binaries on SPARC, too?