[oi-dev] 148b Audio Issues

Ken Gunderson kgunders at teamcool.net
Mon May 23 05:20:10 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-05-23 at 06:16 +0400, Garrett D'Amore wrote:
> I have an envy24 driver nearly ready to integrate, but I have held off as I don't have the hardware.  If you want to send me the hardware, I can look at it.

Shoot me a physical address offlist and I'll UPS the cards your way.

> That said, the problem with the audio810 driver is not with the driver, but the Gnome configuration.  You need to tell Gnome you want to use this device.  The best way to do that is with the gstreamer-properties application.    Using that you can select OSS audio output and the specific device to use.  That should solve the problem for you.

Ah, but therein lies the rub - it does not....

I've previously specified audio810#0 and OSSv4 via Gnome's "Multimedia
System Selector", wh/is apparently front end launcher for
gstreamer-properties, as gstreamer-properties from command line launches
same UI with same selections I've previously set. The "Test" button on
this tool produces sound via the onboard card. However, Gnome multimedia
apps such as Totem & Rhythmbox produce no audio playback.

--
Ken Gunderson <kgunders at teamcool.net>