[oi-dev] notes to "popular software"

Bayard Bell buffer.g.overflow at googlemail.com
Tue May 3 17:52:38 UTC 2011

I'm looking at getting my hands dirty, starting with the SFW project. It seems to me that the wiki could be enhanced to help people navigate (and not just newcomers). More explicitly: I like what already exists in http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Popular+Software, but I think it really should break things out to show in what project it's maintained and what release of that project gets you that version. I also think that each of the app/product should be broken out onto its own page to get info about the upstream and the history in OI (minimally, what's in 148, what's in 151, what's in 161, and what's in the tip), including spelling out patches, particularly those that should be candidates for upstream acceptance. I'm happy to take any feedback about this, but I'd like to get a wiki account to be able to whack away if there are no thunderous objections.

Cheers,
Bayard