[oi-dev] Build 151 status update

Ken Gunderson kgunders at teamcool.net
Tue May 24 19:14:11 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-05-24 at 16:02 +0100, Andrzej Szeszo wrote:
> Hi Ken
>
> I can confirm I am getting the same problem with the GUI tool on b148.
> The same system can be upgraded using pkg(5) command just fine.

Another Gnome glitch to add to the list?  I seem to be encountering
quite a few, and although individually minor, taken as a whole would not
a good first impression make: Gnome Workspace switcher, Multimedia
Selector, Update manager, Evolution's "Fall back to threaded view" does
not... These just off the top of my head.

Others on openindiana-discuss apparently had updating issues but command
line driven update has now completed for me w/o event.

Gnome Workspace Switcher is still broken in 151 - although I can add a
data point that this occurs on login following start up. If I
subsequently log out and back in workspace switcher functions as
expected.

Audio playback is still horrid to the point of unusable as referenced in
bug #933

<https://www.illumos.org/issues/933>

Sorry I don't code C and can't make more productive contribution but I
really hope this gets addressed before 151 is released.

--
Ken Gunderson <kgunders at teamcool.net>