[oi-dev] Build 151 status update

Ken Gunderson kgunders at teamcool.net
Wed May 25 16:25:05 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-05-25 at 05:03 -0700, ken mays wrote:
> Hi Ken & Andrzej,
>
> The 'Boomer' fixes will most likely come from Garrett (Illumos team).
> I've seen some people using OSS 4.2-2004 (latest stable) with the
> Nvidia codecs.
>
> The latest in OSS Mercurial is a9a237ddd426 (changeset 933).
>
> The wiki referenced here is validated based on OSS 4.2 stable:
> http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Audio

So audiohd is the driver we should be using with all those cards?  It
would seem that although there are a number of cards in the matrix on
the HCL page, none have been confirmed as working? Or am I missing
something here?

I've rem_drv audiohd since I couldn't get any sound at all whilst it was
installed and the system insisted on using it regardless of my
incantations to the contrary.  audio810 at least makes some noise but is
otherwise useless.

I've "tested" audiohd specifically with Audiotrak Prodigy HD and can
confirm it doesn't work.  I also have another "generic" (Chaintech)
Envy24 based card that I guess I'll pop in after I've had my coffee
(rough night with the puppy), and a few other legacy cards that I may be
able to dig up.  I think I have a wiki account now, so I'll update as
appropriate.

--
Ken Gunderson <kgunders at teamcool.net>