[oi-dev] 1686 Bring Xmedcon to oi build, Ask for review

Josef 'Jeff' Sipek jeffpc at josefsipek.net
Fri Nov 11 15:44:31 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 07:30:17PM +0200, Paolo Marcheschi wrote:
> Thank you Alasdair, Bayard, Josef.
>
> I tried to do everything, Please check the repository.

Sorry for not noticing this earier.

1) You have files in /usr/local, they should really go elsewhere.

2) We prefer the Illumos CDDL header instead of the OpenSolaris one.  Here's
   an example:
   http://hg.openindiana.org/oi-build/file/ca563fe5b714/components/xmessage/Makefile

Thanks,

Jeff.

> Thank you
>
> Paolo
>
> On 10/26/11 11:02 AM, Alasdair Lumsden wrote:
> >Hi All,
> >
> >On 26 Oct 2011, at 08:56, Bayard G. Bell wrote:
> >>I haven't had a chance to eyeball the pending changes, but you'd
> >>normally be able to sort this out with options to configure.
> >Yeah - I'd recommend doing it via configure options. Doing it by moving the files could result in the binaries looking in the wrong location for their config files.
> >
> >The output of the autoconf ./configure stage is normally a config.h file that is '#include'-ed in the source code, which produces build-time hardcoded values. This is how the binaries usually know where to find stuff based on the --prefix=
> >
> >The option is usually --sysconfdir or similar. ./configure --help will show it.
> >
> >Cheers,
> >
> >Alasdair

I already backed up the [server] once, I can do it again.
		- a sysadmin threatening to do more frequent backups