[oi-dev] userland-gate resync

Alasdair Lumsden alasdairrr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 01:42:35 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone had any comments on how we go about doing this - there are a considerable number of changesets to import, and RTI-ing them all would take forever.

I was thinking we could do the userland-gate resync as one big RTI; clone oi-build on bitbucket, sync with userland resolving conflicts, then RTI it. Once it's RTI'd I can kick off a full rebuild in Jenkins and we'll see what has broken.

I'd say that to keep the pace of development rapid, we should be aggressive with forward progress and allow moderate breakage of packages on the basis that the breakage can be fixed. We should still review contributions to ensure crap doesn't end up in the gate, but the userland-gate work is already reviewed over at Oracle, so in this instance I don't think we need to be overly bureaucratic.

Does anyone want to do this particular block of work? It's fairly procedural and not too hard.

Cheers,

Alasdair