[oi-dev] Building Userland on Solaris 10

Alasdair Lumsden alasdairrr at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 23:21:27 UTC 2011

Hi John,

s10-userland is exactly for that purpose.

We have a bootstrap tarball you can extract to / from here:

http://svn.everycity.co.uk/public/solaris/misc/pkg5-s10-bootstrap-20110518.tar.gz

This will install the IPS package manager to /ec/bin/pkg which you can then use to install packages from http://s10.pkg.ec

If you want to change the prefix from /ec you'll need to rebuild everything in the s10-userland repo having modified the make rules. It's quite a big job but not impossible. There's an old and somewhat out of date but still helpful/useful video here:

http://linux01.everycity.co.uk/~alasdair/Userland.mov

If you encounter any issues let us know.

Cheers,

Alasdair