[oi-dev] 1660 first release of The dcmtk package, Ask for review

Guido Berhoerster gber at openindiana.org
Thu Nov 3 15:21:53 UTC 2011

Hello,

* Paolo Marcheschi <paolo.marcheschi at ftgm.it> [2011-10-31 19:49]:
> This another contribution, I'm asking for a review,
>
> dcmtk:
> DCMTK is a collection of libraries and applications implementing
> large parts the DICOM standard. It includes software for examining,
> constructing and converting DICOM image files, handling offline
> media, sending and receiving images over a network connection, as
> well as demonstrative image storage and worklist servers. DCMTK is
> is written in a mixture of ANSI C and C++. It comes in complete
> source code and is made available as "open source" software.
>

> http://dicom.offis.de/dcmtk
>

> https://bitbucket.org/paolo_marcheschi/oi-build
>

> The oi-build tools fail to download the package from ftp, I added the file.

the configuration files are installed in the wrong place
(/usr/etc/dcmtk/), that should be /etc/dcmtk. For
autoconf/autotools projects you can usually pass
--sysconfdir=/etc to configure to specify that location, I'm not
sure whether userland has any predefined macros to take care of
that.

Please don't inline source files, if it cannot be downloaded from
the upstream servers I'm sure we can arrange to mirror it from
dlc.openindiana.org.
--
Guido Berhoerster