[oi-dev] Fuse and NTFS-3g

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 6 12:07:54 UTC 2011

Hi,

Ref: https://www.illumos.org/issues/252

illumos-fuse2: https://bitbucket.org/gwr/illumos-fuse2a

oi-sfe fuse 2.8.6: https://bugs.illumos.org/issues/1729

I saw a rejection from Richard Lowe for a request for Illumos to update the OSOLfuse modules to fuse 2.8.4.
From his explanation, fuse is not part of Illumos so the rejection made sense at the time. Bayed, are we now opposing this notion?

As for illumos-gate2, Gordon, is it better to use the fuse 2.8.6 sources and implement your patches to it (vfs related) to create packages to update the fuse packages (based on OSOLfuse 20100615 (2.7.x) sources) in oi-sfe?? We could just use your previous work and start from there to test and review or from the native fuse 2.8.x sources and port your code. I've already ported fuse 2.8.6 for oi-sfe purposes, so either way we want to spin the bottle is fine with me.

See:
system/file-system/fuse-ext2 at 0.0.5,5.11-0.151.1:20111014T184713Z
system/file-system/fusefs at 0.20100615,5.11-0.151.1:20111014T184714Z
system/file-system/libfuse at 0.20100615,5.11-0.151.1:20111014T184714Z

Also, I don't mind if someone else picks up the continual work effort from the oi-sfe side of the fence. Just, let us move forward on the topic...

~ Ken Mays