[oi-dev] PROTO dir

Bayard G. Bell buffer.g.overflow at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 22:57:15 UTC 2011

Igor,

In either case we have to have manifest to determine what gets extracted
from the proto area and included in the package, so how does having a
single proto area make that problem any different? On the flip side, it
would seem easier to support something like sample-manifest if your
proto area is component-specific. It seems you want to trade that off by
satisfying dependencies via the proto area, but I'm not sure why that's
advantageous, particularly if I've got packages so I don't have to build
the dependency.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it would seem that having a mapping for
build dependency packages back to components that would allow building
of unavailable packages would be a better compromise.

Cheers,
Bayard