[oi-dev] oi-build feature #1252 - GCC 4.6.2

Josef 'Jeff' Sipek jeffpc at josefsipek.net
Sat Nov 12 03:23:22 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 07, 2011 at 04:48:05PM +0000, Colin Ellis wrote:
> https://bitbucket.org/cellis_oidev/oi-build/changeset/170076b03654
>
> use Makefile.bootstrap files for gcc3 :)

Ooooh!  So, to build it the first time, I need to 'gmake -f
Makefile.bootstrap' for the libs, then gcc.  Once I have them installed, I
can ignore the bootstrap files?

Why are there two packages - one for gcc and one for the runtime?  It seems
to me that using facets would be the better way.

Since we have a new enough pkg in /experimental, we can use mediated links
to manage /usr/bin/gcc (as well as g++, etc.).  I think it'd be worth having
them.

Jeff.

--
Failure is not an option,
It comes bundled with your Microsoft product.