[oi-dev] Feature 1768 - add dovecot to oi-build

Guido Berhoerster gber at openindiana.org
Tue Nov 15 10:27:10 UTC 2011

* Guido Berhoerster <gber at openindiana.org> [2011-11-15 10:55]:
> * Josef 'Jeff' Sipek <jeffpc at josefsipek.net> [2011-11-15 01:43]:
> > On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 11:17:10PM +0000, Colin Ellis wrote:
> > > bitbucket here:
> > > https://bitbucket.org/cellis_oidev/oi-build/changeset/d7c2addf18b7
> >
> > Awesome, this one was on my todo list.  Less work for me :)
> >
> > 1) no need to set --prefix & --sbindir yourself
> >
> > 2) $(ETCDIR) instead of /etc
> >
> > 3) did the `gmake publish` not complain about the missing
> >    info.classification?
> >
> > 4) Do we really need to ship all those .a and .la files?  Solaris likes
> >    shared libs a lot - and handles them pretty well too.
>
> The libtool files should definetly be removed.

You can use --disable-static to get rid of the static libraries.

> > 5) Do the files in usr/share/doc have the doc facet?  (They should; you can
> >    check the published manifest.)
> >
> > 6) Is there an SMF manifest?
>
> Please check SFE when adding new packages to oi-build, while I
> I agree that dovecot should be added to oi-build you could have
> learned some things from the existing package, e.g. you need to
> add a user to run the daemon, you need to pass --with-rundir or
> it will default to /usr/var, and it also already has a SMF
> manifest.  You also need to define --libexecdir Solaris does not
> use /usr/libexec.

One more thing, I think it makes sense to enable SQL, GSSAPI,
and LDAP authentication support as plugins and add SQlite3, MySQL
and PostgreSQL drivers since these are all delivered by OI.
Install library/openldap, database/mysql-51/library,
database/postgres-82/developer as prerequisites and add
--with-ldap=plugin, --with-sql=plugin, --with-gssapi, then
--with-sqlite, --with-mysql, --with-pgsql. The OpenLDAP, MySQL,
PostgreSQL plugins files should then probably go into three
separate subpackages to prevent dependencies of the main package
on them, should be
LIBEXECDIR/dovecot/auth/libauthdb_ldap.so

LIBEXECDIR/dovecot/auth/libdriver_mysql.so
LIBEXECDIR/dovecot/dict/libdriver_mysql.so
LIBEXECDIR/dovecot/libdriver_mysql.so

LIBEXECDIR/dovecot/auth/libdriver_pgsql.so
LIBEXECDIR/dovecot/dict/libdriver_pgsql.so
LIBEXECDIR/dovecot/libdriver_pgsql.so

respectively.
--
Guido Berhoerster