[oi-dev] pkg version bump in /dev

Guido Berhoerster gber at openindiana.org
Thu Nov 24 00:51:34 UTC 2011

* Josef 'Jeff' Sipek <jeffpc at josefsipek.net> [2011-11-24 00:28]:
> A bunch of people have been using /experimental's pkg.  Everything seems to
> work quite well.  (For those of you who don't know, /experimental has the
> 173 pkg backport.)
>
> Thoughts about moving this into /dev?  I think it'll make things easier for
> us in the long run - less divergence between /dev and /experimental, as well
> as very useful features such as mediated links.

/stable was to be branched off of /dev and /dev should serve as a
testbed for updates and fixes going into the stable release. So
in order to allow users who currently run /dev to migrate to
/stable later we can't currently upgrade /dev to /experimental.
However, I'm all for integrating the b173 pkg backport into /dev
and thus the stable release.
--
Guido Berhoerster