[oi-dev] 1576 update irssi package, attempt 2

Bayard G. Bell buffer.g.overflow at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 17:31:08 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-10-07 at 19:07 -0400, Josef 'Jeff' Sipek wrote:
> Here's attempt #2:
>
> http://hg.31bits.net/oi/oi-build-irssi/rev/76d6998dea83
>
> I dropped one of the JDS patches since oi-build has a manpage stability
> mangler.
>
> The weird /usr/include/irssi/src is weird, but that's how it's supposed to
> look like.

I reckon the idea is to mark off one class of published interfaces from
"there be dragons" availability of all headers provided with the source.
It's less clear to me why these would be published by default. Any idea?
Other distros seem to ship them, but I notice that Ubuntu/Debian package
all the headers separately as irssi-dev, which may be something to
consider for faceting. I'm not aware of any standing precedent that
would preclude accepting this as is, even if we want/need to hash out
if/where such faceting would be appropriate.

Provided the content in /etc is system-wide, I'm fine with that
location.

Subject to these caveats, call me a +1.