[oi-dev] 1686 Bring Xmedcon to oi build, Ask for review

Alasdair Lumsden alasdairrr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 09:02:23 UTC 2011

Hi All,

On 26 Oct 2011, at 08:56, Bayard G. Bell wrote:
> I haven't had a chance to eyeball the pending changes, but you'd
> normally be able to sort this out with options to configure.

Yeah - I'd recommend doing it via configure options. Doing it by moving the files could result in the binaries looking in the wrong location for their config files.

The output of the autoconf ./configure stage is normally a config.h file that is '#include'-ed in the source code, which produces build-time hardcoded values. This is how the binaries usually know where to find stuff based on the --prefix=

The option is usually --sysconfdir or similar. ./configure --help will show it.

Cheers,

Alasdair