[oi-dev] About package building under the Illumos umbrella

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Sat Sep 3 22:10:04 UTC 2011

On 09/03/11 14:22, Alasdair Lumsden wrote:
> JDS definitely needs consideration however, as it still delivers SVR4 packages.

JDS upstream uses new versions of pkgbuild/pkgtool to create IPS packages
directly - all the spec files should have all the metadata needed for that.

Perhaps you just need to update to newer pkgbuild and add the --ips flag and
set PKGBUILD_IPS_SERVER ?

Unfortunately, it's IPS support is a bit behind and hasn't kept up with things
like file:// repos and *.p5p archives, but it should be better than
distro-import.    (You'll note distro-import for current snv builds doesn't
import JDS,
but that happened post-151 if I recall correctly.)

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com