[oi-dev] 1479 Qemu delivered by pkg:/system/qemu/kvm is broken

Alasdair Lumsden alasdairrr at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 16:23:09 UTC 2011

Hi Garrett,

On 08/09/2011 16:50, Garrett D'Amore wrote:
> My biggest fear is that band-aids like this underscore a lack of understanding of the problem.  Which means you may have just deferred the problem to another point rather than actually fixing anything.  The other fear is that a band aid like this can result in a situation where the root cause is never properly investigated because folks are "satisfied" with the work around.
>
> I'd suggest spending at least a couple of days trying to analyze the problem before giving up and using the workaround.

Sure, if thats your feeling we can wait to find out what the root cause
is; it's certainly worth getting this fixed.

The only thing is we're aiming to release oi_151 next Wednesday on OI's
first anniversary so it would be good to get it fixed up before then,
with the work-around if necessary as it'd be silly to ship to broken.

Cheers,

Alasdair