[oi-dev] New OI 151a test ISO available

Brandon Hume hume-ml+oi_dev at bofh.ca
Fri Sep 9 22:37:55 UTC 2011

Thunderbird is acting up on me, apologies if this appears twice.

On 09/09/2011 4:11 PM, Richard Lowe wrote:
> The menu.lst entry you're booting appears to lack a kernel$ line
> entirely.  That shouldn't be VMware specific...

I've had exactly the same thing happen using VirtualBox 4.1.2 just now,
installing into a brand new image.  The menu.lst is munged... there's a
missing newline between "bootfs rpool/ROOT/openindiana" and "kernel$
/platform/i86pc/kernel/$ISADIR/unix -B $ZFS-BOOTFS".  You can edit the
grub menu at boot to get the machine up to repair, but there's something
odd going on in the installer.