[oi-dev] Request for volunteers: Building LibreOffice

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 23 15:21:52 UTC 2011

Alex,

Don't place the cart before the horse. GCC 4.6.1 was still in flux and not officially the compiler of choice for SFE (or not officially ready or 'signed off/approved' at the time). The libreoffice.spec came way before then and before the officially approved release of oi_151a.

I looked at building LibreOffice from a 600MB monolithic tarball and the individual package set (much smaller).

My patches related to my work on the large tarball - but I DO NOT advise going down that path and work from the released '3.4.3.2' set for now for team review.

I've sent Gary some of my notes so he can continue to move forward.

~ Ken Mays