[oi-dev] samba security

Martin Walter mawa at uni-freiburg.de
Sun Apr 15 17:59:42 UTC 2012

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 06:05:33PM +0100, Alasdair Lumsden wrote:

Hi Alasdair,

> If you'd like things to proceed faster, I'd like to point out that the devs working on OI are contributing their free time to do this. If you value OI then you're welcome to assist us and help get things updated faster.

I really appreciate the great work of all you devs, but I fear I am not able to help very much, because of lack of skill and time.

> The stable release is about backporting critical security fixes, and this one sounds like the kind of thing we should look at backporting. So we will look into it and see what can be done. But it probably won't involve a version bump, more a patch to the older version.

Would it be not easier and better to just make the newest version available?
E.g. I would much more prefer just a samba-3.6.4 package than an updated samba-3.5.5.

I already tried to generate samba-3.6.4, but failed wih ldap_initialize....

Best regards,
Martin