[oi-dev] Contributing to OI

Kirill Ponazdyr sink at codeangels.com
Fri Aug 31 21:17:46 UTC 2012

Hi Folks,

I just read the message from Alasdair about his resignation from project.

This is really sad news.

He mentions my problem with MongoDB as sample of ignorance towards OI by
3rd party devs. It is not that bad thogh, mongoDB is a bit wicked as far
as compilation goes anyway and out of over 30 software applications I
compiled and packaged for us this was the only one which was unfixable by
minor patching or proper gcc flags.

Now, I think it is time for me to do a small contribution to OI. Since
Alasdair mentioned old / buggy versions of software delivered with OI, I
would like to offer my assistance in keeping some of those packages up to
date.

Could someone in charge of this get in touch with me to discuss further
details?

Thanks!

Kirill

--