[oi-dev] Resignation as OI Lead

paolo marcheschi paolo.marcheschi at ftgm.it
Wed Aug 29 09:04:57 UTC 2012

Hi

This is a very sad day in the history of open-source effort, I'd like to
give Alasdair my support in these moment and I really appreciate his words.

The behavior of those big firms that gain a lot from the openindiana
initiative, but do not contribute in the same way, is very annoying and
break the trust that OI users have with them. This is lack of support is
unacceptable, and only the union of all forces, both from the private
sector as well as large companies can make OI the best existing
operating system.
I hope your decision, although final, can be changed. I think you're the
right person to lead  this project precisely for the courage that you've
had so far.

Thank you

Paolo Marcheschi