[oi-dev] Resignation as OI Lead

Jean-Pierre André jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr
Fri Aug 31 14:28:46 UTC 2012

Milan Jurik wrote:
> Hi,

[...]
> This crap I heard for years inside Sun. Rumor say half of laptops used
> by Sun employees (and paid by Sun) were Macs in last year. And the
> most of core developers were not using Solaris on their laptops. With
> very same excuse. Now the question - why should new ideas grow on
> system in VM and not in platform you are using daily? Why should
> others use my system if even I am using it only to compile code?

Just wanting to mention only the happy few can compile
code on OpenIndiana. I could not even find the basic headers
(stdio.h, etc.) for OpenIndiana downloadable anonymously
(whatever the license).

Think of why no open developer has ported LibreOffice,
whose original design comes AFAIK from Sun.

Regards

Jean-Pierre