[oi-dev] Resignation as OI Lead

Milan Jurik milan.jurik at xylab.cz
Fri Aug 31 17:14:06 UTC 2012

Hi Damian,

Damian Wojslaw píše v pá 31. 08. 2012 v 19:00 +0200:
> Am 2012-08-31 18:02, schrieb Jim Klimov:
> >

> > That's what I said, though you phrased it better - thanks ;)
> >
> > Now, there is a problem with those devices that OI does not see
> > and can't pass through - such as USB3 ports, or use (such as my
> > troubles with Wifi and SATA, and I'm not certain about sound
> > working right)... THAT should be tackled, so that my desktop
> > hypervisor can offer everything I've bought to those VMs which
> > might be the more correct tools for certain jobs - such as
> > skype or heavy tabbed browsing...
> >

> > //Jim
>
> So now an open questions that lurks forever: who and when can port
> drivers for USB3 and WiFi and all other stuff from CDDL friendly
> operating systems? :)

maybe nobody. Maybe somebody. We will see. But can you imagine how long
will Illumos be relevant for commercial companies without USB3 support?
USB2 will not be here forever and how will they connect keyboards? Also
not all systems have serial console (RS232). USB is not for desktops
only.

> Regards
>
> Damian Wojsław

Best regards,