[oi-dev] Partial JDS repo

Nikola M. minikola at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 17:27:55 UTC 2012

On 12/ 2/12 09:37 AM, Milan Jurik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for many last weeks I have been working on fresh JDS build in my spare
> time, small mix of OI, Solaris and even newer bits. If somebody is
> interested in the current status, you can see temporary repo here:
>
> http://opensolaris.cz:10000/
>
> It should be possible to use it on top of the current OI, if you know
> about sticky/non-sticky repos and how to work with BEs. Feel free to use
> it but I cannot guarantee anything, from time to time I will publish
> newer versions.
>
> If somebody is interested in helping with it then ping me. You need to
> have JDS/SFE CBE installed with Studio 12.3 and I can publish the
> current specs and share my work. Even minor help is welcomed, e.g. with
> cleaning of some things I have no time to do now.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Milan
It is great from you!
I think i can not do much on developing, but I can test and learn.

I have a question about running GNOME inside the Solaris zone on
Openindiana.
I know some people managed to run GNOME within the zone in Opensolaris days.
Maybe that would help to easily test and try multiple GNOME releases on
same machine with no sweat. (e.g. isolation of different environments
and testing is great if Zones are used.