[oi-dev] ATI Radeon 7.0.0 driver & Intel 2012Q4 graphics package

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 14 03:25:35 UTC 2012

Hi Jim,

The AMD Radeon HD 7340M (and all AMD Mobility Radeon HD 73xx/74xx/75xx/76xx (M) series) works fine with this driver.

1. You mainly will want the Xorg 7.7 consolidation pre-built binary packages installed on your OI installation.
2. Install the libDRM 2.4.40 binaries and copy to the /usr/lib/xorg/. Don't touch the original libdrm*.la files!

Ensure your system is still stable at this point. This will give you the proper build environment to continue the work involved.

You'll initially have the ATI Radeon 6.14.4 driver update with upstream patches.

Contact me privately once this is done.

~ Ken Mays