[oi-dev] ntfs-3g and fuse

Jean-Pierre André jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr
Mon Feb 13 09:16:13 UTC 2012

Hi,

Milan Jurik wrote:
> Hi Jean-Pierre,
>
> Jean-Pierre ANDRE píše v út 24. 01. 2012 v 15:16 +0100:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> As a maintainer of ntfs-3g, I have received bug reports on OpenIndiana. Digging into them, I found there were almost all caused by the buggy fuse kernel module, which nobody seems to care about. So I had to do it myself....

I think I have now finished the first level debugging of
the fuse kernel module....

With the fixes, ntfs-3g passes the Posix file system test
http://www.tuxera.com/community/posix-test-suite/
except for a single test :

Failed Test                               Stat Wstat Total Fail  List of
Failed
/home/linux/fstest/pjd-fstest/tests/open/                3    1  2
Failed 1/191 test scripts. 1/1964 subtests failed.
Files=191, Tests=1964, 351 wallclock secs (19.50 cusr + 99.55 csys =
119.05 CPU)
Failed 1/191 test programs. 1/1964 subtests failed.

The test which fails is the test for opening a fifo
named by ntfs-3g. Obviously this opening should be
bounced elsewhere, but I have no idea where....

There are a few other obscure things, which I cannot
clarify without the help of a Solaris VFS expert.
Reviewing of the code by a Solaris developer would
also be useful : there were a lot of memory leaks,
missing lockings, and forgotten unlockings. There
were obvious deficiencies in the quality management
of the initial version.

In the meantime, I consider the result as a release
candidate.

Please see http://b.andre.pagesperso-orange.fr/openindiana-ntfs-3g.html

By the way, where is the official OpenIndiana source
repository for this ? I saw Milan posting the patches,
but is not clear to me against what the patches were.
I can provide a list of patches per fix for a source
repository management.

Regards

Jean-Pierre