[oi-dev] error in pkg5 - from oi-prestable

Bayard G. Bell buffer.g.overflow at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 14:03:16 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-02-11 at 15:11 +0400, Igor Kozhukhov wrote:
> If it is possible - I'd ilk to see 'pkg' in userland build environment and
> rebuild it with userland.

I think there needs to be a caveat for developer tools, which need to
have a more strict dev cycle. We need to have some flagging and tagging
practices to limit changes to anything that's a part of the toolchain
for all of userland. I think that might argue for building these tools
with the userland environment but gating them separately. That also
makes it simpler to manage them with a distinct cycle. I'm sure there's
more than one way to do and am happy to talk about alternatives.

We talked at FOSDEM about having an expedited review and commit process,
but we didn't cover these cases, where I think there was already
consensus that we needed to do something like this.

Cheers,
Bayard