[oi-dev] 2106 bring xemacs into userland

Josef 'Jeff' Sipek jeffpc at josefsipek.net
Sat Feb 11 14:39:28 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 07:25:03PM +0000, Bayard Bell wrote:
> The packaging is slightly tricky because there are two further sets of lisp
> packages to make xemacs properly useful. I've packaged them separately in
> case people want a really minimal install but also provided metapackages
> (editor/xemacs/xemacs-gnome-full, editor/xemacs/xemacs-x11-full, and
> editor/xemacs/xemacs-nox11). There's a bit of overlap between emacs and
> xemacs, so for the time being I've made the latter depend on the former. A
> follow-on change would be to patch so that the shared executables have an
> alternate name under xemacs and are called by those names from it (this is
> what Debian appears to do).
>
> https://bitbucket.org/buffyg/oi-build/changeset/0f759efa96bd

>From a quick glance...

1) any reason you're not using the (shorter) Illumos CDDL header instead of
the OSOL one?

2) I haven't paid much attention to oi-dev recently, but could mediated
symlinks be used to sort out some of the executable names?  (I don't use
emacs, so I don't really care. :) )

Jeff.

I'm somewhere between geek and normal.
		- Linus Torvalds