[oi-dev] Thoughts on FOSDEM and the road ahead

Magnus magnus at yonderway.com
Mon Feb 13 16:47:09 UTC 2012

On Feb 13, 2012, at 11:42 AM, Ken Gunderson wrote:

> OBSD scopes their releases
> realistically, attacking certain areas in bite sized chunks, and
> releases like clockwork every six months.  Maybe something can be
> learned there.

This model has always really impressed me. You can just about set your watch to it. There is constant integration going on, and whatever is in the STABLE branch at release time simply gets tagged and goes out the door. If a feature isn't ready, there is always the next release in six months time.

> Amen, brother.  When searching for platforms this is one of my primary
> criteria.

Another point to OpenBSD :)

-M