[oi-dev] New prestable release - oi_151a1 0.151.1.1

Jon Tibble meths at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 16 19:58:34 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Today I turned on the repo and made the tarball of said repo available
for the first prestable release.  Depending on how we go porting
security fixes to this or the rest of the community gets on sorting
experimental into looking like a sensible oi_151a replacement will
determine which becomes OI's first stable release.

The release notes and more information can be found here:
http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/oi_151a_prestable0+Release+Notes

There won't be ISOs for this one but there will for a near future
prestable.  The aim of these is to be more frequent so I don't think it
is really worth producing ISOs for every release but rest assured there
will be some tested before anything goes stable.

Unless something particularly funky goes in you'll probably see illumos
get bumped every prestable, other than that I'll welcome mainly security
fixes.

Enjoy,

JT