[oi-dev] pkg5 question

Andrzej Szeszo aszeszo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 17:04:15 UTC 2012

Hi John

It is possible that the current version of pkg5 is relying on the
strndup now (yes S11 and illumos both have this function now). For
s10-userland we are using a bit older version of pkg5 from March 2011
and have not attempted to update it to the current one yet.

We don't see strndup problem on Solaris 10 probably because we use an
older codebase. Additionally we apply some patches which you can find
here:
<http://hg.openindiana.org/users/aszeszo/s10-userland/file/90aab7c315bf/components/pkg5/patches>.
Some of the patches are environment specific. Some of the were required
to get things working on Solaris 10 in general.

Here are the details the pkg5 from s10-userland is at:

changeset:   2251:00ccbd44fcbc
tag:         tip
user:        Padraig O'Briain <padraig.obriain at oracle.com>
date:        Fri Mar 11 13:38:36 2011 +0000
summary:     17213 Typos in man page for packagemanager and pm-updatemanager

You can run 'hg update 00ccbd44fcbc' to switch to this version.

Andrzej