[oi-dev] Can compilation place binaries separately from sources?

Andreas Stenius andreas.stenius at astekk.se
Thu Jun 28 20:08:45 UTC 2012

Hi,

I know nothing about the compilation you are talking about. But, if it
is using the gnu autotools, especially the configure script,
then your current directory becomes your top_builddir, which does not
have to be the same dir as where the configure script is.

So you can:

$ mkdir build_1 && cd build_1
$ ../path/to/srcs/configure --with-my-options

this will create your Makefiles in the current dir, with references to
src dir as appropriate.
And you can have any number of build dirs, obviously.

Hope this works in your case ;-)

//Andreas