[oi-dev] Problem With Zone Networking

Nick Zivkovic zivkovic.nick at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 00:18:04 UTC 2012

Hi,

I just created and installed a new NGZ, with an exclusive IP stack.

I've copied a sysidcfg file into the zone's /etc (the one from the wiki).

I've enabled port forwarding via ipfilter and nat.

I am able to ping IP addresses (using GZ as router). Note: I am using
a vnic for the NGZ and one for the GZ,
on the same etherstub.

However domain name resolution does not work (I cannot ping
google.com, for example).

I did copy resolv.conf and nsswitch.conf from the GZ into the NGZ.

I tried enabling the multicast service, but it won't start because the
sysidtool:net service is not starting.

Here is the message I get from `svcs -xv`:

svc:/system/sysidtool:net (sysidtool)
 State: offline since Fri Oct 12 16:46:53 2012
Reason: Start method is running.
   See: http://illumos.org/msg/SMF-8000-C4
   See: man -M /usr/man -s 1M sysidtool
   See: /var/svc/log/system-sysidtool:net.log
Impact: 13 dependent services are not running:
        svc:/system/sysidtool:system
        svc:/milestone/sysconfig:default
        svc:/milestone/multi-user:default
        svc:/system/boot-config:default
        svc:/milestone/multi-user-server:default
        svc:/system/system-log:default
        svc:/system/utmp:default
        svc:/system/console-login:default
        svc:/network/ssh:default