[oi-dev] Problem With Zone Networking

Nick Zivkovic zivkovic.nick at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 04:08:04 UTC 2012

Changing the host and ipnodes lines in nsswitch.conf to "files dns",
does solve the name resolution problem from within a zone.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, ipfilter still gets disabled. `svcs -xv` states that
ipfilter was temporarily disabled by the administrator.

I am the only administrator on the box, and I did not disable it. So
clearly something else is doing something behind my back...

The log file (network-ipfilter:default.log) says: "stopping because
dependency activity requires stop".

I have no idea how to interpret this message.

Nick Zivkovic
Code: https://github.com/nickziv
Blog: http://nickziv.wordpress.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/nickziv