[oi-dev] New Project Lead?

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Mon Sep 3 14:46:00 UTC 2012

Magnus <magnus at yonderway.com> wrote:

> On Sep 3, 2012, at 10:24 AM, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> >
> > Looks like you missunderstand the problem and that your understanding is one of
> > the reasons for the existing problems.
>
> I'm not so sure that I misunderstand. I understand that OpenSolaris != OpenIndiana. They have a common ancestry, but they are two different things made by two different organizations.
>
> OpenSolaris is dead, the organization responsible for it has mostly buried it, and we should only be referring to it in the past-tense.

It may be that your mistake is to believe that "OpenSolaris" is a distro?

The real name of that distro was "Indiana" and Indiana is of course dead.

I am however talking about OpenSolaris.....and this is a generic OS
classification. SchilliX is the oldest distro based in OpenSolaris, Indiana
started much later but is also nothing than a distro based on OpenSolaris.

OpenSolaris is still alive....

Jörg