[oi-dev] Desktop Illumos Still Matters

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 00:29:09 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 5:38 PM, Nick Zivkovic <zivkovic.nick at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> 2) document every single IPS failure and either fix the
>>> packages or the IPS code (depend on what caused the failure), and
>>
>> First thought here is that it needs to be in the bug tracker, but that may
>> not be easily accessible either. Maybe a sub-page on the wiki?
>
> Either should be fine. FreeBSD records their ports build failures on
> their wiki. I think Gentoo recorded this on a bug tracker. Wiki is
> probably easiest.

Jenkins can automate all of that. For $JOB, I manage various products,
millions of lines of code in total with it. The nice thing is that it
will "blame" whoever breaks the build. It also provides an easy to
read dashboard, and notify only on status change, not on every build
that fails etc. Plus it can post to a URL, so a few lines of python
code with web.py and you have an interface to a wiki or bug tracker.

Francois